FRAGILE FAMILIES AND CHILD WELLBEING STUDY NEWSLETTER
- The newest issue of the Future of Children journal, Children with Disabilities, highlights findings from the Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study in its chapter, "The Economic Costs of Childhood Disability." This chapter cites the Study as it examines how parental employment and relationships are impacted by a child's disability.
- CNN and US News and World Report feature a study published in the journal Pediatrics that found, in an analysis of the Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study, that young girls growing up in stressful home environments were at increased risk of obesity by age 5.
- Visit the Fragile Families' Publication Archive for up-to-date information on forthcoming publications. Study research will be featured in upcoming issues of Social Forces, Journal of Marriage and Family, Social Science Research, and Social Service Review.
Recent Working Papers
Recent Published Articles
- Despair by Association? The Mental Health of Mothers with Children by Recently Incarcerated Fathers. American Sociological Review. 77(2): 216-243. Christopher Wildeman, Jason Schnittker, Kristin Turney.
- Child Support and Young Children's Development. Social Service Review. 86(1): 3-35. Lenna Nepomnyaschy, Katherine Magnuson, Lawrence Berger.
- Neighborhood, Poverty, and Negative Behavior: An Examination of Differential Association and Social Control Theory. Children and Youth Services Review. 34(5): 1035-1041. Wesley Church, Jeremiah Jaggers, Julie Taylor.
- Single Mothers' Religious Participation and Early Childhood Behavior. Journal of Marriage and Family. 74(2): 251-268. Richard Petts.
- Maternal Religious Attendance and Low Birth Weight. Social Science & Medicine. 74(12): 1961-1967. Amy Burdette, Janet Weeks, Terrence Hill, Isaac Eberstein.
- Marital Birth and Early Child Outcomes: The Moderating Influence of Marriage Propensity. Child Development. 83(3): 1085-1101. Rebecca Ryan.
- Material Hardship and Child Socioemotional Behaviors: Differences by Types of Hardship, Timing, and Duration. Children and Youth Services Review. 34(4): 814-825. Afshin Zilanawala, Natasha Pilkauskas.
- Neighborhood Effects on Working Mothers' Child Care Arrangements. Children and Youth Services Review. 34(4): 740-747. Meirong Liu, Steven Anderson.
- Cumulative Social Risk and Obesity in Early Childhood. Pediatrics. 129(5): e1173-e1179. Shakira Suglia, Cristiane Duarte, Earle Chambers, Renée Boynton-Jarrett.
- Family Structure, Family Stability and Outcomes of Five-Year-Old Children. Families, Relationships and Societies. 1(1): 43-61. Terry-Ann Craigie, Jeanne Brooks-Gunn, Jane Waldfogel.